A.H. Wilcox & Son has been in business for over 124 years.
Albert H. Wilcox started a sawmill/lumber business in 1886 in Cohocton, NY. He was later joined by his son Henry P. Wilcox. In the 1920's, Henry's son, Lester, joined the firm. Lester expanded the business in 1934 with the purchase of the E.H. Pierce Lumber Co. in Naples, NY.
He had a new store built in Naples at its current location in 1955. Lester's son, Robert joined the business in 1950. Robert oversaw the two-store operation for 41 years until his retirement in 1991.
Robert's son, Alan J. Wilcox, joined the business in 1975 to become the 5th generation in the family business. In 1991, Alan purchased the business from Robert, at which time the Cohocton store was closed and the entire operation was centered in Naples, NY.